Saturday 22 September 2012

I'm back!! And an update :)

Hello everyone!!

This is my first proper post back after I finished my dissertation last week (feels like longer ago!). So expect lots of posts from me from now on!

This post is just going to be a load of waffle really :)

As I said, I am going to post a lot more from now on :) I am going to set up either a specific blog-planning filofax, or maybe just a section in my A5 filo- I have to decide. Could you guys please help me by voting in the poll in the side bar? Thanks! So the options are: 1) a section in my A5 purple Malden filofax; or 2) A specific blog filofax in one of my personal-sized filos!
I will spend a little while setting it up once I decide, but I know that it will have lots of notepaper (I have tonnes in my collection!), and a diary of some sort- maybe just a month on 2 pages printed from Steve and Ray's fabulous inserts!
I promise my forthcoming posts will include lots of pictures, because I know people get bored by too much text!


As I speak, lots of lucky Philofaxers are meeting-up in London for the Philofaxy meet-up! Lucky duckies! I wish I were there, but I'm hoping to go to the one in November!

Courtesy of Tracy/Icclewu


Currently I am using my lovely new purple personal Malden as my main filofax!

I got her a couple of weeks ago, and I really like her, but she's actually really easy to scratch (I have sharp nails) and she dents really easily :( Normally I'm very panicky about damaging my filos, but I am trying to be less sensitive about this one. I figure that if I use my filos on a daily basis, they are going to get damaged eventually, so I should be prepared for it! Also- and this may sound weird- but as you can see from the photo, and the comparison with her big sister A5 purple Malden below, the leather of my personal is very VERY smooth, and I don't think it has much character to the leather. I think that the scratches (little ones, not big ones please!) and marks bring some life to it! It shows that it is well-loved and well-used!

The 2 sisters :)


I am currently making some pretty filofax dividers out of some scrapbooking paper I get from a craft shop here in Liverpool called Rennies. They are taken from pads of scrapbooking paper/card that come in lots of about 50 sheets, that cost quite a lot! But by splitting them up, I can buy only the ones I like at about 60p each! I love the Cath Kidston-esque type of patterns.
Here's some of the card I am about to turn into dividers- some of them are double-sided too!!

Another one that I have already chopped up into the individual squares/rectangles. I love these ones, they look like book plates. I am going to stick them onto filo dividers :)


Here's a divider I made earlier! It is for my 365/30 filo lists section of my A5 purple Malden! (Sorry about the sidewaysness!)


Next Friday I am moving back home, so these next few days will be spent sorting through my stuff and packing. Boring. The good part of this is that I get to have a rummage through my filofax and stationary stuff!! :D


So that's an update for you! I'll be back soon with lots of posts I have been meaning to do for a while!

Have a lovely weekend!


P.S. For me writing this post, it is in the new blogger format which I don't really know how to use, so I hope it looks OK as a published post!

5 comments:

  1. Kate, the post looks great! No problems that I noticed :) I'm glad to see a post from you! But I don't see a poll?? Maybe I missed it? I tried to separate blogging in a different Filo but when I wanted to write in it, it was always someplace else. Maybe I'm just lazy but I didn't want to go up the stairs and get it so everything ended up being in just one filo. If it got overwhelming I was going to go to a second but it never did. I don't preplan a lot, mostly just a title to remind me so there isn't that much info - if you do a lot of writing about blogging you might need a second one, or just a separate section... I think it depends
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooopss!!! I meant to do that, I got distracted (baking a cake) and forgot!! Haha!!

      Delete
  2. I think putting a blogging section in the Filofax you use the most might work better. I don't know if I could keep up with a separate one! Good luck & enjoy your purple Malden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your dissertation!

    I'm about to start planning mine. Did you use a FF to plan it? I'm considering whether to dedicate my A5 for this, and wondered what tabs/section titles I shall need.

    For blogging, I keep a 'to-do' sheet in my Personal FF, so that it is always to hand if I want to jot down an idea for a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't replied to comments, my silly hotmail account marked them all as junk!!

    ReplyDelete